10 June 2014

Class of 2014!



Ya girl graduated from high school! It's been a week since graduation and nothing has really hit me yet. Most of my friends are going to college while I'm taking a gap year. Some have already left the country, and have I said good bye? That would be a no. It's weird. It doesn't feel like I'm not gonna see them for a while. I feel like August is gonna roll around and I'll be getting on bus 21 and going to school, but then its like JOKES you are no longer welcome on campus. #sorrynotsorry

But I have to say senior year was my hands down favorite year here in Kenya.

A journal entry from May 1st:

Nowadays, I laugh so much. I think it's a blessing to be able to laugh. To have so much joy that you can't contain it. That you HAVE to laugh. I'm not dwelling too much on the future. I'm focusing on the present and enjoying the amazing senior year God has given me. I'm excited for what the future holds, but I do not overlook the present to catch a glimpse of the future. I find it a waste of time. 


I cannot even begin to exaggerate when I say that I laughed EVERY SINGLE DAY of my senior year. I have hilarious friends that assassinate me with their jokes. It was amazing. I'm definitely going to miss the daily routine (but not getting out of bed at 6am) , walking to classes after the bell has rung because we can't be bothered, lunch times and British Literature shenanigans. I'm also going to miss my hockey team (#baddestgoalieinthegame) and some amazing teachers.

But at the same time, I'm sooo ready for what God has in store and what the future holds.

                                                        Linking Up Here! :)

                                               Bloglovin' - Pinterest - Instagram

7 comments

  1. Congratulations!!! :-)
    Really cool blog!
    By the way thanks for stopping by and checking our blog out! :D
    xox
    Charlie
    http://dipsterchy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Charlie! Thank you so much :) And thanks for checking out mine! Hope your day has been fantastic! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! i love your thoughts in your journal entry, it's great to be joyful and full of laughter! i have no doubt your future is full of wonderful, beautiful adventures! have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment Ms. Delali! Have a wonderful day yourself! :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations girl, good luck for the future. Your senior year sounded fun, its always good to laugh. Love the kente print on the gowns.

    http://princessaudu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Sarah, thank you so much for the lovely comment! My senior year WAS so much fun, but I'm definitely looking forward to the future! Doesn't the kente print give the gown such a West African touch? :D

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on graduating!!!!!!!!!!!

    beyoutifulbeauties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall