4 July 2014

Blogger Feature - Hannah at Wonderfully Sewn



This summer, I decided, since I’m not busy anymore (peace out high school) that I would attempt to feature some of my favorite bloggers on the interwebs, holla!

I really can’t remember how I even got to Hannah’s blog, but I fell in love with it instantly. Her writing and her personality are amazing, while her walk with Jesus is absolutely inspiring. To be honest her blog, Wonderfully Sewn, inspired me to create my own. It’s been really great getting to know her and she’s seriously the nicest person ever.



Hannah and I had a little chat over email (whoop!) and she answered a few interesting questions.



Voyageur Africaine (ya girl Norkor): So first things first, when did you start blogging and why?
Hannah: I started blogging in January of 2013, so it's been about a year and a half now! I started blogging out of simply trying to find something to do with my life. It was the middle of my sophomore year in high school, and school wasn't taking up a lot of my time, so I started a blog. I've always felt like there is a lot I've wanted to say, especially to help, encourage, and relate to people. I love to spread positivity and brighten a person's day, and also just help someone not feel so alone. I love when someone reads my blog and can say, "Hey, I feel the same way!"



VA: Now on to some seriously random questions. What's the BEST vacation you've ever taken?
H:I think the best vacation I've taken was to Seattle a few years ago. I went there with my church youth group for a mission trip, and the trip literally changed my life.




VA: Is there a language you'd like to master and why?
H: I'd love to master Chinese! Asian countries, specifically China really have my heart. I work to help defeat modern day slavery and human trafficking specifically, is a devastating problem in many Asian countries. It is my dream to one day to live and work there, and to do that, I would have to know the language!

VA: Oh wow, that’s inspiring. I really like that you’re already involved with this cause at such a young age. Okay, who or what can make you laugh the loudest and why?
I'm a huge fan of dry humor. There is one teacher at my school who is THE most hilarious guy I know, but some people don't pick up on his humor because he tells it all with a straight, blank face. It's the funniest thing.

VA: What are some little moments that you are thankful for?
 H: Oh, I love this question. I try to remind myself of all the lovely "little" things throughout the day. Some of my favorites would be rain, morning dew, seeing a picture of an elephant, wearing my elephant earrings, the way the house smells when my mom is cooking, chalkboard paint, prayer meetings, white blankets, and transparent friendships.

VA: I love your answers to the previous question. Okay! Favorite ice cream flavor?
H: Anything rich and chocolatey.

VA:  Ideal first date?
H: Hmm... I love walking around, exploring, and trying new things. So I would love to walk around downtown with someone and see the many different things a city could offer. It would have to be with someone spontaneous and laidback, because otherwise it might be awkward. And to finish the date, topping it all off in a cozy coffee shop would be perfect.

VA: And last but not the least, share a "personal" fact that no one would guess about you?
H: Oh this is hard! Well, I'm highly allergic to seafood and I don't drink soda.



You can check out Hannah’s awesome Blog, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook  pages.

If you too would like to be featured on Voyageur Africaine, you can totally email me {voyageurafricaine@gmail.com} and I’ll get back to you ASAP!                 
 Bloglovin' - Pinterest - Insta






3 comments

  1. Yeah, so I instantly love your blog as well! Because writing style, and also it's named Voyaguer Africaine, and I don't know what that means but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Google translate says it means African traveler. I still like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet!! you are the best! I'm so happy that I could help inspire you to have your own space on the interwebs. it looks awesome. thanks for posting this. you're too sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall