14 December 2014

Long Weekend Shenanigans





It literally feels like its been 9493928493 years since I've last written, but in actuality its literally been 4 days. Awkward. Shmawkward. Get yourself together Norkor. I'm trying, I'm trying. This is a really random post, but these photos are kinda lovely so why naht you know?

Highlights from this week:

 - Got to spend time with sweet baby John at the babies home where I volunteer. I sorta talked about that here. Ugh my baby is growing so fast like lol John stop trying to walk what are you doinnnnng.

 - I got to meet the president of Ghana, H.E. John Dramani Mahama, which was hella rad because who gets to meet their president on any given day? BUT YEA. He's really chill and just an all together nice person. I also casually remembered that he can't fix all our country's problems because he is literally just a normal human being with flaws so

- Long weekends mean sleeping in and messy buns and sweatpants all day. Just kidding that happens all the time.

- We put up our Christmas tree and danced around the house to Justin Beiber and some other booty-poppin' Christmas music. Sorry, not sorry.

Is it a little too obvious that I reaaaally like flowers? Please just call me Florist Norkor because yes. Okay bye. #laterskater


Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12-14



9 comments

  1. i am obsessed with these photos! so, so lovely. sounds like a good weekend to me!

    Cate

    creatingalovelylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeting the president? Yeah, that's not an everyday occurrence! Also, I share your love for flowers. I'm so happy I have some in my house right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh hahaha. I love this post even though it's absolutely random. I feel like I could just be sitting around with you chatting, haha.


    oh and I totally get it about babies growing SO FREAKIN FAST. Ugh. It's like one second they're sleeping all the time and crying for a bottle and the next they're trying to walk. Like whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! hah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you said about your President. I think as Africans, we get so overwhelmed with all the issues we have to deal with, that we forget our leaders have to deal with them too! They're human, just like us. And many of us would buckle under the pressure.
    Thank you for reminding me to be a little more kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The president?! WOW! That's awesome! And beautiful photos!

    Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right? It was sorta kind amazing. Thanks for stopping by Ms. Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh thanks Cate! It was such a perf magerf weekend! :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flowers rule :) I love florist shots and I don't think anything on Instagram can make me happier. Anywho, the fact that you experienced everything from the best ordinary days to meeting the president - that is beyond imaginable! It's very insightful for you to understand the hardship of trying to achieve balance with people, let alone an entire country. I don't know how they do it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall