6 September 2014

August Snapshots!




For real though, where did August go? It seemed like yesterday I was back in Accra, barely blogging because of  internet struggles on that side of the African continent. Fast forward three weeks later, and I've been swept up in hanging out with the lovely babies and volunteers at New Life Home, writing CV's, applying for internships and basically trying to get this gap year going.

September has brought with it cold rain and even colder days. Yesterday it rained literally ALL day and I had to be outside of my warm toasty bed. For a second I thought I was back in Central Asia braving the -20 degree Celsius winter but no no, I was just outside in the Nairobi rain. I wasn't aware that Arctic Circle weather was visiting us. Am I exaggerating? A little bit. But it's only because I really hate the cold.


I have to say, my August Instagram game was pretty strong. I'm trying to capture pretty things and get my creativity going so that was the end product of that. August was filled with lots of flowers, who so lovely featured in a few of my Instagram shots, warm weather, eating dinner on the balcony, browsing bookstores and finally purchasing a Moleskine journal! So happy.


How did August treat you? And do you own a Moleskine journal or planner? How do you use it?


                                               Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook




16 comments

  1. Oh my goodness.. This is too cute! I hope you find something to keep you warm! :) Love your insta! <3
    Carpe diem, Dear!


    -Liv
    ReadingandRouge.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. August was an eventful month with a lot of changes in my life. I do use a Moleskine journal to put ideas down, do a rough sketch, it is pretty much my idea book that can fit in my purse or pocket wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Where did August go?" I know, right? I'm slowly accepting fall, but I'm glad we got a beach trip in yesterday because I think the weather is going to get quite chilly now!
    Also, I am loving your Instagram feed--just followed you! I'm still fairly new to it so I love finding great feeds to follow. :)
    {Stopping by from Oat + Oats linkup}

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your snapshots! We are on the continent of Africa also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stopping by from Oak & Oaks linkup and your pictures are great. I love IG!!! For a planner / organizer I used a monthly planner I purchased at Target. It's been great to help me stay organized and see the big picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had some lovely moments in August! August, and Summer, always goes by way too fast for me. August was pretty darn good but I am looking forward to the upcoming Fall months filled with road trips, friends, and family:)


    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had my large Moleskine journal for years and I still love it and keep it close. I just use it to write down random notes, usually to do lists for myself. :)


    StephanieLists.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Instagram game is definitely strong! I've been trying to get a bit more creative as well, because I feel like most of my pictures are pointless and boring. I want to find a way to capture moments that normally wouldn't be noticed! Thanks for linking up to my Snapshot Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reaaally loving my Moleskine journal yo! Is yours lined or plain? I also love how it fits into any size of purse or bag! Hope you've been good Ms. Felecia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beach trips are the best! Thanks Ms. Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming to think of it, I really need an organizer/planner thing cuz Lord knows I'm the most disorganized person ever! I especially like those Kate Spade planners like can we just?

    ReplyDelete
  12. August was really too good to me! Man, does summer go by slightly too fast! Ah, lucky you! We don't have fall/autumn on this side of the world! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ms. Stephanie! Aren't Moleskine journals so great?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Ms. Jessica! I totally know what you mean. Ah, I'm so glad I found your Snapshot Sunday post! I'll definitely be linking up more often!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have both lined and plain, but I prefer the plain. I like to draw in it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall