24 February 2015

On Grace

Hi there! So the fact that I haven't been able to blog in almost two weeks is a huge bummer! Yall my laptop has decided that enough is truly enough and basically gave up on me. Like?? Excuse me Mr. Laptop do you not think I have blogging and other important things to get up to? Much rude. such wow. I want to cry about this.
ANYWAY. I wanted to share something important ( in my opinion). So today I was sitting on the bus (recently learnt how to take public transport) and I was thinking, "How would these people know that I'm a follower of Christ, that I'm saved? Like am I REALLY living out my faith boldly? Because I can tweet about it and blog about it and read my Bible and meditate, but IT NEEDS TO CHANGE ME. NORKOR. The Word of God needs to pierce through my being (and it can and does shout out to Hebrews 4:21) and change me from the inside out you know what I mean?
Because I'm 14892839% sure that people just going about their day wouldn't know this this life-changing fact about me, by just looking at me. Like "Oh yazz that afro is werqin, she MUST be saved!" Like no.
So today I did something I really regret doing. I was walking back home and I basically crossed to the opposite side of the road when I saw this lady and her two daughters begging - basically harassing passersby for money. The moment I crossed the road YALL I felt horrible. Like literally in the middle of crossing the road I was like O_O what am I doing?!/1/111 #HolySpiritConviction up in here. The 1st thought that came to my mind was "would Jesus do that?" and the answer was a straight up "Nahhhh!"
I need GRACE. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. From the moment I open my eyes in the morning (because God sustained me through the night Psalms 3:5) to the moment I close my eyes and whisper a prayer to heaven. I need it. I want my heart to be overflowing with grace upon grace. And Jesus IS grace! whaaat? #GLORRAAAAY. LIKE LITERALLY CAN WE JUST?
So yes, getting harrassed by beggar children on the streets can get annoying. But Grace yall. Grace, Grace.
I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. Psalm 3:5

You May Have Missed:
Tee & Coco's Prayer Challenge
Thankful Thursdays
The Truth Is...
 
Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook

5 comments

  1. Sometimes, seeing stuff like that you get numb to the fact, that the person you're passing has a story and are deeply loves by God. At for me that is what I have to remind myself, that each person's story matters and it would probably benefit me when I am able to stop and help if I can or simply take time to hear their story. So even if I have no money to give, I took the time to show them that I see them and care.
    It not easy to do, and not something I naturally do but something I want to develop the habit of doing when my gut reaction is to avoid the person. I hope you are having a good week in spite of your laptop problems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww look at chu!! So true though. As much grace as we receive daily, it's like with each new season we need TEN times more. And though you may regret crossing the street, consider yourself blessed because you were convicted. Conviction means you are subject to the Lord's will. When you no longer have conviction...now THAT is a scary place to be. Mmm, look at chu, in touch with the Holy Spirit and whatnot. I see you girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michel'Lee Williams25 February 2015 at 02:00

    Norkor! This is probably my worse fear! Does anyone know that I'm a Christian without me having to say so? I feel as if me being a Christian is being overshadowed by MY every walk. Like I would be so caught up in MY daily routine that I oftentimes forget about what my purpose in life is really about.
    I love this love this love his post! Really spoke to me personally.

    Being Perfectly Flawed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Grace and patience is so very important. And I love how you want to incorporate it more into your life! GOOD ON YA NGYAL

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall