2 February 2015

The Truth About My Gap Year : Part II

In which God constantly reminds me that He is faithful even when I am not, and that He has plans for me to prosper! (2 Timothy 2:3 and Jeremiah 29:11) If you missed part I here it is!















So if you follow me on Instagram (@xoNorkor), I think I've posted twice about my gap year and how God has been so good. Man. 

So basically here's the low-down. This gap year I've volunteered at New Life and fallen in love with baby John (who praise God is getting adopted in like a week, I'M CRYING AND HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME). God has been stripping me of some sub-par things within me like impatience. 

Remember when I posted about a new passion? Well I've been praying and internally crying about it and man, God makes a way when there seem to be no way! Like wow. My mind is seriously being blown by God's goodness and how He provides like crazy for me! So I basically wanted to start a small business making little things from Ghanaian fabric and 1. I can't sew. Like I have no training or anything. I think I've used a sewing machine once in my 17 years of life. and 2. We don't have a sewing machine.

 SO. IT ALL SEEMED PRETTY IMPOSSIBLE. Good quality sewing machines are pretty expensive where I live, so I was seriously trying to figure out a way to get a sewing machine. Like looking on the Walmart online store and trying to find people who were going to the US to get it for me ALL THAT KINDA STUFF.

SMH. Long story short, a colleague of my mom's from like 94820923 years ago, who actually remembers me from when I was like 7, is going to hook me up with some sewing training and will help me find a good sewing machine for a reasonable price. I'M JUST LIKE YO. This lady popped outta NO WHERE, and voila, all the pieces are being put together by God. For His Glory alone! Much praising. Such worship.

ALSO. I'm starting a floral design course TOMORROW. I'M SO EXCITED. I love flowers, like seriously look at this post, and a lot of my instagrams. I'm so excited to learn a new skill and ALSO hopefully turn it into a business! My God is so great like w0w. I'm going to be occupied. NO MORE SLEEPING IN. *FIST PUMPSSSSS*

So that's whats going onnn with my gap year! I hope you're doing well yo.

Keep on loving each other as brothers. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing. Hebrews 13: 1-2

You May Have Missed:
5 Praise Songs That Will Make You Break Out Into Dance
The Leibster Blog Award
Thrift Shopping
Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook

8 comments

  1. I'm so glad things worked out!
    Good luck Norkor! Cannot wait to be spending a quick 1328782174/- on things from this new business of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAHER. I LITERALLY BURST OUT LAUGHING AT 'A QUICK 1328782173/-' like who even do you think you are making me howl at such a time of night???? Thank you so much bebi gurrrl :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing has been on my list of "Skills I'd Like To Learn But Don't Have TIme" so I am definitely living vicariously through you. Get it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not God's will to let all that good ol talent go unused lol. You have a GIFT woman! I can't wait to support your business and tell my friends about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember my mom teaching me how to sew. It's such a fun skill to learn -- and some people really do have a talent when it comes to sewing. I do not, but my sister can always do such beautiful work with a sewing machine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay to the hook up for sewing! So exciting, sewing is so much fun once you get the hang of it. There are so many different things you can make. I'm excited to see what you create. God is so good, in how he provides and hooks us up. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall