12 November 2014

Road Trip Shenanigans!

Over the weekend I attended a traditional Kenyan/Kikiyu/KiEmbu wedding which was the actual bomb diggity. Like I mentioned in this post, I'm learning so much about Kenyan culture its fab. The drive literally seemed endless but the scenery made up for it so hooray! I also love how the wedding was supposed to start at 11 but didn't actually start until we got there which was at 3. African timing is the best. Sometimes.

 I got a few photos of the actual ceremony but then I got tired. We ended up spending the night because aint nobody got time to drive back in pitch black. It also rained through out the night so we couldn't leave at 7am like we wanted to. We actually overslept because the rain was so therapeutic. I felt like God was just telling us to relax and enjoy this time with our hosts! We sat down and had a lovely breakfast and just relaaaaxed. So good and so needed.

I took my film camera along with me so those photos should be A+.

These rice fields went on for miles!




the car started giving us attitude so we stopped to get it fixed

oh okay you do your thang Embu.



this tea masala with cinnamon and Milo was so good ugh


I love you bougainvillea ugh

oh hey its me

for the first time I wasn't scared of these huge chickens

heeeey Mr. Goat watcha up to?

rice was abundance




So yeaaa that was my weekend. At the end of it all I was so sick of being in the car for long periods of time. Fun times fun times. My mom and I casually fell in love with the #villagelife because growing your own dinner is for cool people only. I wouldn't mind, tbh, if we had wifi...and maaaybe tv. 

How was your weekend? And would you ever consider living on a ranch/farm? 

You may have missed:

For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy towards them that fear him.As far as the east  is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. - Psalm 103:11-12

Bloglovin' | Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook

8 comments

  1. Loved the post (as usual), keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow all your photos are so beautiful! Loved this post. It sounds like you and your mom had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would consider living on a ranch or farm if there was wifi. I like all the photography you got going on here, such lovely photos. It that sweet print your wearing a skirt or a dress, either way I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Felecia definitely digging the print you're wearing. As for the farm, I lived on a chicken ranch for 6 years. It is not all it is cracked up to be, even with the wifi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ms. Kendall! We did! #thevillagelifechoseus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ms. Felecia! As long as there's wifi, I don't mind tending to the chickens.. I think. HA! It's a maxi dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man! I may or may not have to rethink this :( Booooo.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please leave a lovely comment :)

© Voyageuse Africaine
Maira Gall